What I can offer:
• Individual private piano lessons: Teach students in the comfort of their own home how to play the piano / keyboard by ear. The method used is not theory based; the student learns to play for pleasure. Results are fast and fun. All ages over 6.
• Pre-school music lessons: Half-hour lessons per group of up to 30 children, especially created for 3 - 6 year olds. Classes are age-appropriate and combine all aspects of music appreciation for the early development years. Having the ability to play the piano 'by ear' enables me to write music especially for a school. This is great for year-end concerts, special days for grandparents, spring or whatever the school requires. Lessons are 'high-energy & interactive' so as to keep little ones entertained and stimulated, and include the following benefits - memory skills, balance, creative thinking, musical timing, developing fine-motor skills, helping withdrawn children to express themselves all through dancing, singing & percussion. All songs are educational and loads of fun.
• Classes for children with special needs.
• Weekly music shops where moms can join in and learn skills that enhance the early development of the child.
• Funky kiddies' parties - some musical fun for birthdays especially for 3 - 8 year olds
I have been playing the piano from the age of 9. Some of my high school years were spent in the UK, where I continued to develop piano skills, and was part of a local music outfit.
I began teaching pre-school children and private students in 1997. In addition to the music, between 2000 & 2007 I ran a Section 21 Trauma Centre & headed up the SAPS victim support.
In 2009 I opened up an Agency in Sandton, Johannesburg where I was able to offer sax, drum, guitar, piano, singing, harp & flute lessons. The agency also provided live entertainment for any function - Jazz bands, Solo Artists, Blues Bands etc.
Early in 2014, I had a nasty fall resulting in a broken back. Shortly after this my husband passed away. I came to Hilton where I have family, and after a lot of healing, fell in love with the village and decided to stay.