SERVICES WE PROVIDE
- School: Full Time
- Remedial Intervention—all grades; all learning problem areas
- Extra—lessons for all subjects in all grades
- Learning styles and study techniques
- Exam preparation
The greatest goal at Capulum College, previously Brain Train, is to give children the opportunity to achieve whatever they set their minds to, to provide them with the tools to help them achieve the best of their ability and in doing so "give children the wings to fly".
- School consists of both a senior phase and junior phase.
- Capulum College Junior Section offers children a chance to develop their own unique learning styles whilst focusing on literacy and math development.
- Primary school staff use a multi-sensory approach to learning
- Teaching follows a set curriculum, relevant to the student's ability, each learner has an individual reading scheme and the teachers' work with the recent CAPS documents to ensure all education is relevant and up to date.
- Each child is provided with a supportive environment in which they are provided the opportunity to succeed, trust others, receive and give praise and be part of an inclusive, non-discriminative environment. Learning styles and brain hemisphere preference is taken into account.
- The Staff in the Primary school are very passionate and work closely with the children to allow them to reach their individual potential.
- Capulum College's High school department welcomes learners who struggle to cope on a social, emotional and cognitive level.
- The high school uses the formal curriculum enabling learners to matriculate with a National Senior Certificate which, dependant on individual subject choices, is recognised by Universities.
- The high school staff at Capulum College is equipped to assist with learning difficulties within their subjects and have a passion for helping students succeed academically and socially.
- The staff works closely with the child and family to ensure that a holistic approach is taken with regard to their routines and education.
- They identify and work with learning styles and brain hemisphere.
- For a full list of High School subjects please visit the school website.
- The Special Needs department caters exclusively for children who are unable to cope with the regular demands of schooling.
- They have a unique curriculum, which focuses on math and literacy development as well as an emphasis on arts and crafts, organisational skills, social skills, computer skills, logic and developing life skills.
- The Special Needs department provides a comfortable and flexible environment allowing each individual to learn at their own pace and reach their potential when they are ready.
- Teachers provide guidance and assistance in helping these students reach their highest learning potentials through a number of methods with a strong focus on multi-sensory education and a holistic approach.
- The Special Needs department also identifies individual strengths outside of the classroom as to assess all individuals' vocational abilities.
Capulum College's Mission Statement