WHY JOIN THE HILTON RATEPAYERS AND RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION?
“A knowledgeable, united and proactive association representing the community of Hilton residents and ratepayers”
“An apolitical, community-driven non-profit organisation representing and promoting the interests of Hilton residents and ratepayers through communication, connectivity and collaboration”
The above Vision and Mission will be achieved within the following moral compass:
The HRA will always strive to deliver a high level of service and support to the greater Hilton community, working together in teams to face the challenges a growing community demands and create a positive legacy for generations to come.
The HRA will constantly aim to be recognized for its expertise and leadership and for adding a valuable contribution to all stakeholders.
The HRA will focus on conducting itself in a fair and responsible manner and facilitating in a spirit of reconciliation and with integrity at all times.
• To foster active community involvement in all matters relating to our immediate environment
• To ensure good communication with the community and with our other stakeholders
• To take all steps necessary to protect, maintain and enhance our neighbourhood and environs
• Through our actions to enhance and protect the value of our property within our area
• To welcome new community members and encourage their involvement
WHAT IS THE HRA?
The Hilton Residents/Ratepayers Association was formed +-25 years ago
All committee members are volunteers - each person has a portfolio which is discussed at a monthly meeting - see committee members below:
● Chairman - Mike Tarr
● Vice-Chairman - Shay Mauck
● Secretary/Publicity – Desiree Hickinbotham
● Security & Electrical - John Holliday and his Team
● Planning/New Developments - Marita Thornhill
● Roads/Water and Sanitation - Colin Johnston and his Team
● Treasurer - Rachel Frauenstein
● Hbi - Hilton Business Initiative - Cilla (Pickering) Hilcove and her Team
● Council Member - Craig Millar/Pam Passmoor
● Sport - Jill Magrath
● Membership - Sue Burczak, Sue Tarr, Frank Jason
CURRENT PROJECTS THAT THE HRA ARE INVOLVED IN:
SECURITY - The HRA have just sponsored the purchase of a gantry camera plus monthly monitoring costs to assist with security for Hilton Residents. The result of this has been a significant reduction in crime trends as have the numerous neighbourhood watches.
HBi - the ongoing support for Cilla Pickering (HBi) in her quest to beautify Hilton - cutting public areas, lawns, drains, verges and sidewalks from Grace College to Valley Road in Winterskloof. The hiring of 2 full-time gardeners, planting & weeding in new and existing areas, controlling invasive weeds, planting trees.
DELIVERY ISSUES AND THE MUNICIPALITY - Craig Millar is our council representative and he is our vital ‘go between’ for Hilton. Dealing with concerns from ratepayers on new developments and more.
PAST PROJECTS THAT HRA HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN:
The tarring of Dennis Shepstone Road from Crossways to Sweetwaters, the new water pipe project. Ongoing issues with electricity & continual interaction with NERSA/Municipality and more.
If we want Hilton to prosper we all need to contribute - this is “your” Hilton too.
PO Box 456, Hilton 3245, KwaZulu-Natal
Chairperson: Mike Tarr 082 568 8246
Vice-Chairperson: Shay Mauck 082 551 4106
Hilton Ratepayers Association Bank Detail for Subscriptions
Name: Hilton Resident's Association
Branch: Hilton Code: 151925
Account No: 1519004540