WHY JOIN THE HILTON RATEPAYERS AND RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION?
“A knowledgeable, united and proactive association representing the community of Hilton residents and ratepayers”
“An apolitical, community-driven non-profit organisation representing and promoting the interests of Hilton residents and ratepayers through communication, connectivity and collaboration”
The above Vision and Mission will be achieved within the following moral compass:
The HRA will always strive to deliver a high level of service and support to the greater Hilton community, working together in teams to face the challenges a growing community demands and create a positive legacy for generations to come.
The HRA will constantly aim to be recognized for its expertise and leadership and for adding a valuable contribution to all stakeholders.
The HRA will focus on conducting itself in a fair and responsible manner and facilitating in a spirit of reconciliation and with integrity at all times.
• To foster active community involvement in all matters relating to our immediate environment
• To ensure good communication with the community and with our other stakeholders
• To take all steps necessary to protect, maintain and enhance our neighbourhood and environs
• Through our actions to enhance and protect the value of our property within our area
• To welcome new community members and encourage their involvement
WHAT IS THE HRA?
The Hilton Residents/Ratepayers Association was formed +-25 years ago
All committee members are volunteers - each person has a portfolio which is discussed at a monthly meeting - see committee members below:
● Chairman - Mike Tarr
● Vice-Chairman - Shay Mauck
● Security & Electrical - John Holliday and his Team
● Publicity - Desiree Hickinbotham
● Planning/New Developments - Marita Thornhill
● Roads/Water and Sanitation - Colin Johnston and his Team
● Treasurer - Rachel Frauenstein
● Hbi - Hilton Business Initiative - Cilla (Pickering) Hilcove and her Team
● Council Member - Craig Millar/Pam Passmoor
● Sport - Jill Magrath
● Membership - Sue Burczak, Sue Tarr, Frank Jason
CURRENT PROJECTS THAT THE HRA ARE INVOLVED IN:
SECURITY - The HRA have just sponsored the purchase of a gantry camera plus monthly monitoring costs to assist with security for Hilton Residents. The result of this has been a significant reduction in crime trends as having the numerous neighbourhood watches.
HBi - the ongoing support for Cilla Pickering (HBi) in her quest to beautify Hilton - cutting public areas, lawns, drains, verges and sidewalks from Grace College to Valley Road in Winterskloof. The hiring of 2 full-time gardeners, planting & weeding in new and existing areas, controlling invasive weeds, planting trees.
DELIVERY ISSUES AND THE MUNICIPALITY - Craig Millar is our council representative and he is our vital ‘go-between’ for Hilton. Dealing with concerns from ratepayers on new developments and more.
PAST PROJECTS THAT HRA HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN:
The tarring of Dennis Shepstone Road from Crossways to Sweetwaters, the new water pipe project. Ongoing issues with electricity & continual interaction with NERSA/Municipality and more.
If we want Hilton to prosper we all need to contribute - this is “your” Hilton too.
PO Box 456, Hilton 3245, KwaZulu-Natal
Chairperson: Mike Tarr 082 568 8246
Vice-Chairperson: Shay Mauck 082 551 4106
Hilton Ratepayers Association Bank Detail for Subscriptions
Name: Hilton Resident's Association
Branch: Hilton Code: 151925
Account No: 1519004540