This is an awesome event for a good cause. It’s a race in which you can participate in by yourself or a team of maximum 6 people, to assist Caroline Clover and Velocity Sports Lab in their fundraising event for CHOC.
It’s a fun filled day where you can participate in by paying a fee for the privilege of riding a spinning bike for 12 hours. The fee paid per team will go towards a worthy cause called CHOC.
In 2016, just 8 weeks after my daughter was born, I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer. After Chemotherapy and a Radical Hysterectomy, I survived. Two years later… and I am stronger than ever.
I have decided to run Comrades 2019! I am running it in support of CHOC. A foundation very close to my heart.
CHOC offers emotional support, transport, accommodation, family guidance, meals and dietary support to the families of children fighting Cancer. What an amazing organisation!
Comrades will come with its own ups and downs. At times I’ll want to quit, and I’ll come out on top! I’ll cry, I’ll laugh, and I’ll fight to get to that finish line. Because I can. Because I am alive and because I had the SUPPORT and love and care of so many people to get me to where I am today. Most Cancer patients in South Africa are not as privileged as I am. They don’t have medical aid and access to private health care. I WILL run comrades, and I WILL make a difference to the lives of these less fortunate families and their beautiful, strong and courageous children.
PLEASE HELP US RAISE FUNDS FOR THIS AMAZING ORGANISATION!
A little note from Caz
Should you wish to part take in this amazingly crazy event, all you need to do is:
- Register with Holly, Kim or Caz and pay your fee of R900 per bike.
- To secure your teams place on a bike, you would need to EFT R900 to the banking details below. There are limited bikes, so book your spot fast!
- The event will take place from 5:30am on the 11th May 2019, Saturday at Velocity Sports Lab, Hilton.
- Wear funky gear to win a prize for the best dressed team
- Everyone is responsible for their own hydration and food.
News supplied by Velocity Sports Lab Hilton.