Did you know dogs can donate blood? Like humans, injured dogs sometimes also need blood transfusions, so if your pet meets the donation criteria below your doggo might be able to help another dog in need.
Criteria to donate :
- Must be between the ages of 2-5 years old
- Must weigh a minimum of 25 kg
- Your pet must have no known health problems or be on any medications
- They must be fully vaccinated
- Your pet must have a calm & relaxed demeanor … Why? Because we don’t want to cause any stress or anxiety. Your pet’s mental and emotional health is just as important to us.
We have a number of blood donor dogs and are grateful for the contribution they make to our practice. If you would like to help your pet become a canine hero, or you would like more information, please get in touch with us.
Call 033 343 4602.
More about Hilton Veterinary Hospital