Cost: R100 per person (Incl VAT) to make your bookings – to go towards dancers and venue.
Craig Millar, a local DA councillor cautioned the community to remain calm, ‘As many residents would have heard, there has been a case of COVID19 diagnosed in Hilton. I would like to appeal to residents to remain calm and take note of some very good information from the Western Cape Provincial Government website, particularly those pertaining to prevention. Any information I get from the relevant authorities will be passed on via the numerous social media channels we subscribe to locally.’
For all your questions, please contact the coronavirus hotline 080 002 9999 or for the local caseworker speak to Jacqui Kleynhans on 084 763 5417.
Kindly note that in light of gatherings of 100 or more being banned to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in SA, MiTH is closed until further notice - effective 15 March 2020.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
MiTH takes place every second Wednesday at The Knoll Historic Guest Farm, Knoll Drive, Hilton. R50 (cash only) at the door. Doors open at 6pm and the music kicks off at 7pm. Catering: Bring your own drinks. Food available for sale. The venue is enclosed and seating is available. Arrive early for good parking and seats!
9pm - Cactus Club
KRISTEN KONING BAND
The Kristen Koning Band is an alternative folk band that formed in the KZN Midlands in June 2019. The band is composed of Kristen Koning on lead vocals and rhythm guitar, Skippy Khubeka on lead guitar, Dev van Rooyen on bass, and Nerissa Pillay on back-up vocals. They perform original music written by Kristen, as well as covers, in Afrikaans and English, gaining inspiration from artists like Mumford and Sons, Arctic Fire, Tame Impala, and Kings of Leon.
The band’s debut performance at The Valley Open Mic, Crossways, was received warmly by an audience of supporters and fellow musicians. They are currently taking part in the Liberty Midlands Mall Battle of the Bands, and will be performing at the mall on the 3rd of August 2019. Their next performance is at Music in the Hills on 31 July at the Knoll Guest House, Hilton.
8pm - The Reid Family Band
The Reid Family Band has been years in the making, jamming together since the kids were small. Vincent Reid has had an interest in music from a young age and is mainly self-taught. He plays keyboard, guitar and recently tin whistle. Rhiannon has just finished matric and with the help of Kech Sanchez, she has honed her skills on guitar and sings lead vocals. Younger brother Aidan showed musical abilities from the time he was knee-high and also sings. Tess organises the bookings and joins in on vocals and percussion, when possible. The Reid Family Band enjoys many different genres of music but is particularly influenced by Irish, Folk and Pop music.
7pm - Ilan Lax
During the day, Ilan Lax is a legal professional consulting on human rights, environmental, land and development law; governance and organisational development and working as an adjudication specialist. But Ilan's other persona is a soulful, poetic musician who performs folk-rock, including ballads and original material, with deep emotion. His natural charm and obvious musical talent make him a pleasure to listen to.
DIRECTIONS TO MiTH:
Take the N3 to Hilton, take the Hilton turnoff and go South into the Village (away from Hilton College). Travel 5,2km along Hilton Avenue (past two sets of traffic lights and Crossways Pub) and keep going straight as Hilton Avenue turns into Dennis Shepstone Drive. At the 5,2km mark, Knoll Drive will be on your right – the entrance to MiTH is the *second* entrance on your left into The Knoll Historic Guest Farm.
Pietermaritzburg Central and Northern Regionals
St Anne’s College: Saturday 14 March
INTERNATIONALLY TRAINED & ACCREDITED LEARNING STYLE SPECIALISTS
Scientific research shows that being a right-brain thinker is not a learning disability but a different thinking and learning.
* Logical thinker
* Thinks in words
* Learns auditorially
* Is a step-by-step, sequential learner
* Needs lots of details first
* Learns with phonics
* Learns through memorization, drill, rules, repetition.
* Good at Maths computation, + algebra
*Can show steps of work
* Learns well from instruction
* Learns in spite of emotional reactions
* Good short-term memory
* Creative thinker
* Thinks in pictures +3D images
* Learns visually
* Is a whole-part learner: learnssimultaneously: all at once
* Needs to see the big picture first
* Learns with whole words in context
* Must understand whole concept through seeing, hands-on, experience. Meaning + relevance essential: Asks :Why
* Better at maths reasoning + geometry,than computation
* Gets to correct solutions intuitively – but can’t show steps.
* Develops own methods of problem solving
* Very sensitive to teacher’s attitudes
This is an outdoor experience; our ideal client should know uneven ground and insects at the very least are to be expected and celebrated. The closer you get to nature, the greater the return.
"Our lives generally have become so sterile that I’d like people to be pushed slightly out of their comfort zone in order to experience the wonder of nature. My motto in life is: ‘make memories,’ and in that endeavour, I’d like to assist." Maryna Crow.
R599 - meduim hair
R799 - long hair
R899 - extra long hair
• Angelo Agrizzi, the whistleblower who makes new revelations to Styan about the secrets behind Bosasa’s glittering profit margins,
• Vernie Petersen, the prisons boss who waged a lonely battle against the dark forces taking over his department, and
• Gavin Watson, the ultra-religious Bosasa puppet master who parlayed his family’s struggle credentials into vast wealth while leading his employees in prayer every morning. Ultimately, however, Bosasa was not in the business of saving souls, but selling them.
Jongosi Youth Day Friday 11 September
Programme available Friday 14 August on www.hiltonfestival.co.za
Bookings open: Monday 17 August 2020
More Articles ...
- Laddsworth Primary School Aiming High for 117 Years!
- St Anne's girls brave the Dusi
- March specials at Style De Vie
- Doc MacLean's N'ganga Blues Tour Comes to Hilton
- Local lady, Alex Jankovich, sets sights on philanthropic Miss KZN pageant
- St Anne's wins Independent Schools' Tennis Tournament
- Knight Security tips on securing home safety
- An outstanding achievement for Abbot's Cove Bed and Breakfast
- Improve your child's Afrikaans marks with UP.Ed
- Vegetable plugs available at Ronnoco Nursery