Msunduzi Hospice is a registered Not for Profit Organisation (Number: 007935 NPO). We are apolitical, interdenominational and non-racial. We are located in the city of Pietermaritzburg. Our City of Choice is the capital city of the Province of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa and is located 80 kilometers from the port city of Durban. We enjoy a sub-tropical climate and have a population of over half-a-million people.
Msunduzi Hospice Association has two offices. One is located in Prestbury and the other in Edendale. The administrative Head office is based in Prestbury. We do not have an in-patient unit but care for people in their homes, or in a hospital situation if that becomes inevitable.
Msunduzi Hospice Association seeks to provide and promote holistic quality care for all people living with a life threatening illness within the Msunduzi Health District.
To create a Centre of Excellence which provides and promotes quality of life, dignity in death, and bereavement support for patients and families faced with a life threatening illness through: direct patient care, education, effective management systems, advocacy, training and empowerment of networking partners
- To provide quality palliative care to patients and their families.
- To promote awareness of palliative care and to influence policies that would advance palliative care.
- To provide education, training and mentorship in palliative care, bereavement, grief and related topics.
- To maintain and strengthen management systems and encourage a supportive and caring ethos throughout the organization.
- To develop strategic partnerships and networks with other organizations who could promote and / or provide quality palliative care.
- To seek innovative ways of generating and accessing funds to support and sustain the mission of the organisation.
- To be an information and knowledge driven organisation through effective monitoring, evaluation, research and reporting systems.
To strive to be sensitive to race, gender, culture, faith and age in the pursuance of these objectives.